I’m a designer, developer and strategist. I’m an expert in strategic planning, design and information architecture, and development of digital projects using web-based technology.
As Technical Director at Hoffi Limited, I have planned, designed and developed digital projects for both private and public sector customers, specifically with a strong focus on the Arts and Culture sector.
I’m innovative in my approach to projects: considering the overall goal to be greater than the need to meet with the technology constraints. Discovering these goals collaboratively and then forming a strategy for the development of the project is, you could say – what makes me excited about digital technology.
Some of my key achievements include:
- In 1999, planning and managing the development of screensaver software for Nokia and Manchester United Football Club.
- 2001, redeveloping the UX and UI for Penarth based Source Insurance’s brokerage software.
- 2004, key in securing a contract with the Electoral Commission to develop a digital project to introduce teenagers to democracy and our voting system. I was lead on the project, researching and developing the surrounding campaign that introduced the idea of voting through current musicians.
- 2005/06 I lead the design of the Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru / National Library of Wales website, introducing they’re brand refresh into their digital channels.
- 2006, designing Wales’ first digital education platform that specifically focuses on raising awareness on Climate Change and sustainability with the West Wales Eco Centre.
- In 2009, designing and developing a website for Wales’ English language national theatre company: National Theatre Wales. nationaltheatrewales.org
- 2010, delivered distance learning tools for Estyn School Inspectorate for Wales, providing training and certification to staff in 1,600 schools.
- 2013, working with Ffotogallery to plan, design and develop their European wide photographer showcasing project; europeanprospects.org
- 2014, Consultation with Welsh Government’s Future Generations Commissioner and sustainability think tank, Cynnal Cymru which led to us developing Wales’ first social media connected Public engagement website, The Wales We Want.
- 2015, developing a prototype digital experience of the journey Welsh migrants made to Patagonia. This project was developed by Hoffi in partnership with YelloBrick, The National Library of Wales and Jorge Lizalde; patagonia.hoffi.com
- 2015, developed a digital strategy for the National Eisteddfod of Wales.
I work in an industry that I love and feel passionate about; its more than just a career. Digital and in particular online is something that I’ve always loved.
Get in touch if you would like to talk about digital technology, user engagement on digital platforms or walking routes in the Cynon Valley and the Brecon Beacons.
Specialities: Digital strategy and User experience design.